HGMS Trade Shows are designed to give amateur collectors and hobbyists an opportunity to sell their material to the general public at prices that often are substantially below retail rates. These events are hosted at the HGMS clubhouse. Our indoor space, garage space, and our parking lot space all are used for dealer tables. We attempt to host an event each quarter during the year–except for the fall quarter when we host our Annual Show. Two Trade Shows were hosted in 2016 and two more were in 2017 (in January and April).
To provide a fair opportunity of participation, the registration of vendors shall be first come, first served through the trade show Web site starting at 7:00 p.m. on the posted day. Only HGMS members in good standing for 3 months or more shall be allowed to register. Once a single table/space option has been selected, the registrant shall have 4 hours to pay for the selection via Web site. However, if issues occur preventing payment, the registrant must call the Trade Show Director before the four-hour deadline to manually pay through the Trade Show Director or the selection will become available again. Two weeks after registration start, any table or space not selected may be opened to any Vendor meeting item guidelines who is not a HGMS member with payment of registration and membership at time of signup.
When registering, please first purchase your tables with the PayPal link below and then fill out the form listing your purchased tables. (NOTE: The PayPal link and registration form will be added when registration is to commence for the next Trade Show.
Table/Space Registration Options & Rates
Registration allows for a single selection of options below:
Indoor has five single tables and five 2-table spots:
(a) 1 table $40
(b) 2 adjacent tables $100
Garage has two HGMS reserved single tables, one single table and one 2-table spot:
(c) 1 table $40
(d) 2 adjacent tables $80
Outdoor Space (tables optional):
1 10’x10’ space
(e0) No table $60
(e1) 1 table $70
(e2) 2 tables $80
2 adjacent 10’x10’ spaces
(f0) No table $120
(f1) 1 table $130
(f2) 2 tables $140
(f3) 3 tables $150
(f4) 4 tables $160
HGMS Trade Show Rules for Vendors:
You must abide by these rules or you may be barred from reserving tables at future shows.
Before the Show:
1. Vendor must register and pay for table(s) or space(s) by time and dates of registration.
2. Web site Manager shall ensure that Vendors are selling only items allowed by these guidelines: Items must be related to one of our Sections including legally obtained fossils, minerals, jewelry, gemstones, rocks, geological/earth science-related items, legally obtained archaeological items, etc. Vendor registration may be cancelled if items do not meet guidelines.
3. Trade Show Director will ensure that the Vendor is an HGMS member in good standing for at least three months.
4. Refunds are available if advance notification is given: A full refund if notified no later than 14 days before the show. If notified seven days in advance, the Vendor will receive a 50% refund. One to six days notice results in no refund. Only outdoor spaces/tables will be refunded on the day of the show in the case of extreme weather. In the event the Trade Show closes, all table and show fees will be refunded.
5. Indoor and garage area setup is scheduled for the preceding evening from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
6. It is the Vendor’s responsibility to ensure compliance with current state tax laws. Please have copies of Sales and Use Tax Certificate(s) available during the Trade Show. See Appendix B.
7. Vendors are required to cover and protect HGMS tables.
8. Vendors with tents must provide their own tent weights.
Day of the Trade Show:
1. Vendors must arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. the day of the show. Vendors must be set up in the indoor and garage areas and ready for opening at 10:00 a.m. Outdoor setup is recommended to begin at 6:00 a.m. to be ready for opening at 10:00 a.m.
2. Vendors must stay for the entirety of the show, regardless of customer volume (Do not start packing before 6:00 p.m.).
3. Vendors are required to use only the indoor/garage tables for which they have registered. See Appendix A for table layouts.
4. All Vendors shall abide by the HGMS Code of Conduct during the Trade Show. Failure to do so may result in the removal of the violator from the Trade Show or suspension of registration privileges or both.
5. Vendors must clear their table(s)/spaces(s) by 8:00 p.m.
6. Indoor areas must be cleaned up by at least 8:00 p.m.